Monday, August 29

Daily WHUFC News - II 29th August 2011 - New Signing

Montenegro signs
WHUFC.com
West Ham United have signed Paraguay U20 striker Brian Montenegro on a
season-long loan
29.08.2011

West Ham United are pleased to announce the signing of exciting Paraguay
Under-20 international forward Brian Montenegro. Montenegro, who turned 18
in June, has joined the Hammers on a season-long loan from Uruguay-based
Club Deportivo Maldonado. He had a medical last week and then put pen to
paper at the Boleyn Ground on Monday morning. Speaking to whufc.com, the
talented teenager said he could not wait to prove himself in English
football. He said: "I am very excited to come here and play in England,
especially for a club like West Ham United. I am hoping to get a chance to
show the fans what I can do. "It is a fantastic stadium. I have seen a game
and it is amazing how many people come to the matches. The fans are very
passionate and I would love to get the chance to play for them."

While Montenegro admitted he would have to work hard in training to prove
his worth to the coaches, he said he was determined to take the opportunity
he has been given with both hands. "I have to prove myself but if I get the
chance I would love to help the club to get promoted this season. This is a
fantastic opportunity and it would be a dream to help the team get to the
Premier League. I am going to work very hard to impress."

When asked to describe his playing style, he added: "I am a fast player, I
like to run at defenders and scare them. I am still developing physically
but I like to attack."
The teenager, who previously came through the ranks at Paraguayan Primera
Division club Tacuary, starred for his country at the South American Youth
Championship in Peru earlier this year. Montenegro capped his tournament by
scoring in his country's 3-2 group-stage defeat by Brazil. Despite his
youth, the teenager made 51 appearances for Tacuary over the previous two
seasons - 26 of them starts - and scored seven goals. Montenegro finished
the 2010/11 season by scoring three times in his final two appearances,
including two goals in the last six minutes in a 2-1 victory over Guarani
and the opener in a 2-0 win over Cerro Porteno. While the first Paraguayan
to play for the club, Montenegro follows notable list of South Americans to
wear the claret and blue, including Nolberto Solano (Peru), Javier Margas
and Luis Jimenez (Chile) and Javier Mascherano, Lionel Scaloni and Carlos
Tevez (Argentina). The forward becomes the eighth new recruit at the Boleyn
this summer, following Abdoulaye Faye, Kevin Nolan, Joey O'Brien, Matt
Taylor, John Carew, George McCartney and Sam Baldock.

More signings are expected in the next 72 hours ahead of the 11pm deadline
on Wednesday. whufc.com will be the place to hear all the official news
fastest, as well as the first photos and interviews. Follow us on Facebook
and Twitter as well.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Signing eight confirmed
KUMB.com
Filed: Monday, 29th August 2011
By: Staff Writer

West Ham have confirmed the signing of South American youngster Brian
Montenegro. As exclusively revealed here on KUMB.com last Friday, the
18-year-old striker has joined United on a season-long loan from Uraguyan
club Deportivo Maldonado. Having undergone a medical last week, he finally
signed for the club at the Boleyn Ground this morning. Speaking to
whufc.com he said: "I am very excited to come here and play in England,
especially for a club like West Ham United. I am hoping to get a chance to
show the fans what I can do. "I have to prove myself but if I get the chance
I would love to help the club to get promoted this season. This is a
fantastic opportunity and it would be a dream to help the team get to the
Premier League. I am going to work very hard to impress."

Montenegro is Sam Allardyce eighth signing of what has peoved to be a busy
summer thus far, with further arrivals expected in the next 48-72 hours.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

http://vyperz.blogspot.com

No comments: