Friday, September 21

Web Item [ West Ham United ] - Ashton

Suits you sir - KUMB
Filed: Friday, 21st September 2007
By: Matthew O'Greel

Dean Ashton has revealed that the England suit he received recently was sent
a year late. Ashton, talking in his column for icons.com, revealed that the
suit should have been sent last year when he was set to receive his first
international cap - although a mix-up at the FA meant it took over a year to
arrive.
"I had to laugh this week when I saw all the stories in the papers about me
being on standby because of the suit I was sent," he said. "That suit was
from when I was in the squad before I got injured. They happened to put my
measurements down to get my suit done before the ankle break, and it has
taken a year to get to me! "The coincidence is that it got sent through at
the same time as Emile Heskey got injured, so people put two and two
together and got five. "I haven't got a clue how the papers knew I'd got it
- I just laughed! I know the truth behind it though, and that's that the
people who made the suit just had the kindness to send it on."
Ashton is set to start against Newcastle at St James Park tomorrow afternoon
with United seeking a SIXTH succesive away win. The Hammers are also the
only club in the Premier League yet to concede a goal away from home this
season - sequences which Ashton intends to help extend. "We're in sixth
place going into the weekend and the mood is a lot lighter around the
place," he said. "When you are winning games things are very rosy and we
have made a good start. "But we want it to continue. We've got Newcastle on
Sunday, up at St James' Park and now that I've had a taste of getting back
into the goals, I want more."

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

http://vyperz.blogspot.com

No comments: