Thursday, March 5

Daily WHUFC News - 5th March 2015 II

Reid commits future to Hammers
WHUFC.com

West Ham United are delighted to confirm that Winston Reid has signed a new
six-and-a-half year contract with the Club. The centre-back has put pen to
paper on a deal until the summer of 2021, becoming the third first-team
regular to sign a new contract in the last month after James Tomkins and
Mark Noble. News that the 26-year-old has pledged his long-term future to
the Hammers will be welcomed by everyone associated with the Club after
several leading European teams expressed in interest in acquiring his
services. The popular No2 said: "It's one of those things that took a bit of
time, but we got there in the end and I'm very happy to be here for the next
part of my career. I'm looking forward to it. "At the end of the day, for
myself I feel comfortable here. I was speaking with the Joint-Chairman David
Sullivan and everybody and felt like I was valued here. He was clearly very
committed to getting the deal done and keeping me at the Club, so I'd like
to thank him for that and I'm delighted to sign for the next six years. "My
family are happy living here too. We've been part of the Club living in
London, so we weighed all the factors up and I'm delighted to be staying
here."

Reid has established himself as one of the best central defenders in the
Barclays Premier League in recent seasons, with his composure, reading of
the game, strength and commitment earning rave reviews. Born in the city of
Auckland, New Zealand, of Māori heritage, Reid moved to Denmark as a child
and initially established himself as a professional with FC Midtjylland. It
was his performance at the 2010 FIFA World Cup finals, where he scored a
dramatic late equaliser against Slovakia, that saw Reid catch the Hammers'
eye, and he completed a move to east London in August of that year. After
finding opportunities limited as West Ham were relegated in his first
season, Reid showed his determination to force his way into Sam Allardyce's
starting XI, and he played a central role in the Club's return to the top
flight. Back in the Barclays Premier League and Reid has blossomed into a
fantastic centre-half in recent years, being voted Hammer of the Year by
supporters and named as his country's national-team captain in 2013.

To go alongside his outstanding defending, Reid has also developed a knack
of scoring popular goals, netting in a Championship win over Millwall in
February 2012 and in the 3-0 Premier League victory at Tottenham Hotspur in
October 2013. With his future now secure, West Ham fans now know their Kiwi
hero will be All White in Claret and Blue for many seasons to come.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Reid thrilled to sign long-term deal
WHUFC.com4
Winston Reid was thrilled to put pen-to-paper on a new long-term deal with
West Ham United on Thursday as he looks to take the next forward step in his
career at the Hammers. Reid has committed his future to the Club until the
summer of 2021, and having already spent half-a-decade at West Ham, is ready
to play the peak years of his career in east London. He explained: "It's one
of those things that took a bit of time, but we got there in the end and I'm
very happy to be here for the next part of my career. I'm looking forward to
it.
"At the end of the day, for myself I feel comfortable here. I was speaking
with the Joint-Chairman David Sullivan and everybody and felt like I was
valued here. He was clearly very committed to getting the deal done and
keeping me at the Club, so I'd like to thank him for that and I'm delighted
to sign for the next six years. "My family are happy living here too. We've
been part of the Club living in London, so we weighed all the factors up and
I'm delighted to be staying here."

Reid will form an integral part of the Hammers squad as they move to the new
Stadium in 2016 and he admitted playing at the 54,000 capacity venue was a
factor in extending his stay. He continued: "It's exciting times for the
Club with the Stadium move too and that was a factor. It's not just that, in
general the people around the Club and the way everything works, I'm
delighted we got it done. "With the Club I'm looking forward to exciting
times ahead and hoping to be a big part of it. "I came here in a sticky
period – the first year we got relegated, but since then it's gradually got
better. The team has improved, the organisation as a Club has improved as
well and we need to do that if we want to go places. "I've grown massively
over that time too. Coming here five years ago I was only a young kid, but
now I'm kind of a Londoner I guess! It's a second home for me and I'm
delighted. "This season we've worked very hard but to break into the upper
level does take a bit of time. Hopefully every single year we will improve
and I'm sure we will go in the right direction."

Reid becomes one of a trio of Hammers players to sign new long-term deals in
recent weeks alongside James Tomkins and Mark Noble and the 2013 Hammer of
the Year is looking forward to continuing to play alongside them. He added:
"For James Tomkins and Mark Noble they've been here all their lives. I've
not been here quite as long as them, but come the end of this contract I
will have been here for a fair bit. "It's nice for them to be here and I'm
looking forward to the next six years of my life." Unfortunately, Reid's
involvement against Chelsea ended early due to a hamstring problem, but he
is hoping it won't keep him out for long. "It's just one of those things
with the injury," he concluded. "I had it a little after Crystal Palace and
unfortunately it flared up again. It's just part of the game I guess. "We've
got some time to recover now, which is much needed."

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Sam laments 'offside' goal
WHUFC.com

The reaction of the West Ham United supporters at the final whistle of
Wednesday's 1-0 home Barclays Premier League defeat said it all.
The home fans applauded the Hammers off after a determined, all-action
display, but jeered the match officials in the belief that Eden Hazard's
goal was wrongly allowed to stand. Manager Sam Allardyce agreed with the
crowd's sentiments, pointing to images that appeared to show Hazard in an
offside position as he moved to head in Ramires' cross. "Their reaction was
about right, apart from the fact they should have gone home a lot happier
than they are!" said the manager. "Yes, they love seeing a performance, but
we all love positive results. "Everybody who came to the game beforehand
would have expected a performance and accepted a draw as a great result, and
in many parts of the game we did enough and created enough to win the game
if we had been as deadly as we normally are. "I know at one end we're
letting goals in and we've got to stop that, but this goal was offside so
that's gone against us, which is disappointing."

The boss said that now, after a run of one victory in eleven league matches
and a host of frustrating near misses, the challenge for him is to keep his
players believing that they can win football matches. "It was a great
performance and I said to the players that, if they believe they can play
like that consistently until the end of the season, then victories are going
to come our way," he continued. "The thing is, it is important we try to get
the victory as soon as possible, because it ebbs away at the confidence in
the end. The players begin to worry if it's going to happen, rather than it
happening naturally. We're playing well but they're asking why? "Us not
scoring at home is very unusual for us, right when we needed a goal. The
amount of chances we created against a team that is top of the Premier
League and rarely gives chances away like we created was fantastic. "But for
some poor finishing, good goalkeeping and some poor officiating on their
offside goal, then maybe on another day we might have got a penalty for the
Gary Cahill handball [from Nene's late shot], we would have got something.
"We have just got to keep believing in ourselves and keep repeating
performances like we did against Chelsea."

Big Sam also pointed to the loss of Winston Reid to an early hamstring
injury and the absences of Andy Carroll and Carlton Cole through injury and
Morgan Amalfitano through suspension. "We're short of numbers because
Winston has now got injured and there are no alternatives there or up front
– maybe bringing an Andy or Carlton on would have brought the goal, because
while we were playing so well we couldn't break through. "Everybody who
started playing the best they could play, but a change might have seen us
play a different way and Andy might have gone up against them and broken
through. That's why we want the players fit and to have options available.
"It's a disappointment but I have to give the lads a lot of credit for how
they have performed."

Finally, the manager had words of praise for captain Kevin Nolan, who led
from the front with an outstanding display in central midfield.
"Kevin and the rest of the team, as team, played exceptionally well against
one of the most expensively assembled teams in the country," he added.
"Sadly we have got no points when we really did deserve some. We got the
moral victory, maybe, but when I wake up tomorrow morning we still lost. I'm
very proud of the players."

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Winston Reid: West Ham defender signs six-and-a-half-year deal
BBC.co.uk

West Ham United centre-half Winston Reid has signed a new
six-and-a-half-year contract. The New Zealand international, 26, was linked
with a move to London rivals Tottenham and Arsenal but said he "felt valued"
at the Hammers. "It's one of those things that took a bit of time, but we
got there in the end," said Reid. Back in January, Hammers boss Sam
Allardyce said it was "highly unlikely" Reid would remain at the club. He
also claimed rival clubs may have broken transfer rules by trying to entice
the defender. "You hear rumours," said Allardyce. "But can you prove it?"

Reid, whose previous deal was due to finish at the end of the season,
praised joint-chairman David Sullivan after agreeing to stay.
"He was clearly very committed to getting the deal done and keeping me at
the club, so I'd like to thank him for that," said Reid. The former
Midtjylland defender joined the Hammers in 2010 after impressing at the
World Cup in South Africa. Reid is the third first-team regular to sign a
new contract in the last month, following James Tomkins and Mark Noble.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Winston Reid pens new long-term contract
KUMB.com
Filed: Thursday, 5th March 2015
By: Staff Writer

Winston Reid has committed his long-term future to West Ham by signing a new
six-and-a-half year contract. As exclusively revealed here on KUMB earlier
in the week, Reid put pen to paper on the new deal before the squad fly out
to the Middle East for a short training break.
Speaking to whufc.com, Reid said: ""It's one of those things that took a bit
of time, but we got there in the end and I'm very happy to be here for the
next part of my career. I'm looking forward to it. "At the end of the day,
for myself I feel comfortable here. I was speaking with the Joint-Chairman
David Sullivan and everybody and felt like I was valued here. He was clearly
very committed to getting the deal done and keeping me at the Club, so I'd
like to thank him for that and I'm delighted to sign for the next six years.
"My family are happy living here too. We've been part of the Club living in
London, so we weighed all the factors up and I'm delighted to be staying
here."

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Reid signs whopping £20m contract
Posted by Sean Whetstone on March 5, 2015 in Whispers
Claret & Hugh

West Ham have officially confirmed that Winston Reid has signed a new
six-and-a-half year contract with the Club.

The centre-back has a deal until the summer of 2021. The deal is though to
be worth £55,000 per week plus add ons which could take his weekly pay
package as high as £60,000 per week. Over six and a half years this could be
worth as much £20 million to Winston and his family. He becomes the third
first-team player to sign a new long term contract in the last month after
James Tomkins signed a five and a half year deal worth £35,000 per week
and Mark Noble signed a five and a half year deal worth £45,000 per week.

The total investment means the Hammers board have invested a total of £43
million in these three players over the next six and a half years.

The New Zealand centre back told WHUFC.com "It's one of those things that
took a bit of time, but we got there in the end and I'm very happy to be
here for the next part of my career. I'm looking forward to it. At the end
of the day, for myself I feel comfortable here. I was speaking with the
Joint-Chairman David Sullivan and everybody and felt like I was valued here.
He was clearly very committed to getting the deal done and keeping me at the
Club, so I'd like to thank him for that and I'm delighted to sign for the
next six years.My family are happy living here too. We've been part of the
Club living in London, so we weighed all the factors up and I'm delighted to
be staying here."

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

http://vyperz.blogspot.com



---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
http://www.avast.com

No comments: