Thursday, September 11

Daily WHUFC News - New Manager - 11th September 2008

17h15 still awaiting O/S to be updated!!

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Hammers unveil Zola - SSN
New boss presented to media
Last updated: 11th September 2008

West Ham have confirmed Gianfranco Zola will be the new manager at Upton
Park. The Italian has penned a three-year contract with the Hammers and
steps into the breach left by Alan Curbishley's resignation. The role
represents the former Chelsea star's first taste of life as a manager,
having only previously worked as a coach with the Italian U21 side. The club
have confirmed caretaker boss Kevin Keen will take charge for Saturday's
Premier League clash with West Brom, with Zola set to take the reins on
Monday.

More to follow...

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Zola: I'll do a good job - KUMB
Filed: Thursday, 11th September 2008
By: Staff Writer

Gianfranco Zola has been unveiled as the new West Ham United manager at a
press conference this afternoon. The 42-year-old began the conference by
thanking the board for appointing him, adding a special thanks to Gianluca
Nani for his role in bringing him to the club. "I have a new job and I will
do everything I can in my power to work," he said. "This is a very important
part of my life and I'm totally focused in what I'm doing. What is important
is this club and I will try to make it work for them. "The philosophy will
be to play offensive football. It is a challenge - and I like a challenge. I
can't wait to start working with this team." We'll have more for you from
the conference soon.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

http://vyperz.blogspot.com

No comments: