Wednesday, September 3

Daily WHUFC News - Curbs

Curbishley fires back - KUMB
Filed: Wednesday, 3rd September 2008
By: Staff Writer

Alan Curbishley has been explained the reasons behind his resignation
earlier today. Curbishley resigned from his position as manager of West Ham
United citing 'irreparable damage' to his 'working relationship with the
directors'.
Talking via the League Manager's Association website, Curbishley said: "I
started my West Ham United career when I left school in 1974 and have
remained a lifelong fan. I have been incredibly proud to manage such a great
club and my decision to resign has been very tough. "The selection of
players is critical to the job of the manager and I had an agreement with
the club that I alone would determine the composition of the squad. However,
the club continued to make significant player decisions without involving
me. "In the end such a breach of trust and confidence meant that I had no
option but to leave. Nevertheless, I wish the club and the players every
success in the future."
LMA chief executive, Richard Bevan,added: "The LMA has been working with
Alan Curbishley over the past few days in an attempt to resolve his
grievances with his employers. Sadly for West Ham United and Alan,
reconciliation was not possible in the circumstances."

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Curbs blames 'breach of trust' - SSN
Former Hammers boss sad to leave role
By James Dall Last updated: 3rd September 2008

Alan Curbishley has cited a 'breach of trust and confidence' for his
resignation as manager of West Ham United. Curbishley became the first
managerial departure of the new Premier League season on Wednesday, just
three games into the 2008/09 term. It was believed the former Charlton boss
had grown disillusioned at Upton Park following the club's transfer dealings
over the summer. He had previously stated that Anton Ferdinand's move to
Sunderland would be the final departure before the close of the transfer
window, however, on Monday, George McCartney also headed to Wearside.
Curbishley, who took the role in December 2006, admits it was 'very tough'
to call an end to his time in charge.

Proud

In a statement released via the League Managers' Association he said: "I
started my West Ham United career when I left school in 1974 and have
remained a lifelong fan. "I have been incredibly proud to manage such a
great club and my decision to resign has been very tough. "The selection of
players is critical to the job of the manager and I had an agreement with
the club that I alone would determine the composition of the squad.
"However, the club continued to make significant player decisions without
involving me. In the end such a breach of trust and confidence meant that I
had no option but to leave. "Nevertheless, I wish the club and the players
every success in the future."

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

http://vyperz.blogspot.com

No comments: