Thursday, July 17

Web Item - New Signing

Hammers land Hungarian - SSN
West Ham sign young striker
By Juha Pal Last updated: 17th July 2008

West Ham United have completed the signing of Hungarian starlet Balint
Bajner. The 17-year-old has arrived at Upton Park from Romanian second
division outfit Liberty Arad. Bajner spent time on trial with West Ham at
the end of last season, after previously training with Lazio and Inter
Milan.
The Hammers have now won the race for his signature and Bajner is delighted
to be coming to England, although the youngster wants to concentrate on the
European Under 19 Championship - which is currently participating in. "I'm
very happy, but I want to focus on the European Championship at the moment,"
said Bajner. "My dream came true with this transfer. "I was on trial at
Lazio and Inter Milan, but in May I had the chance to go to West Ham.
"The atmosphere and conditions were great at all the places, but English
football had the biggest affect on me. "In my trial we played a friendly
game against Preston and we won 5-1. I scored twice and had two assists.
After this Liberty and West Ham agreed about my transfer."

No comments: